Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Day Gary Vaynerchuk Rocked My Internet Marketing World

a 32 year old self-trained wine expert who is revolutionizing the wine industry. His webcast, "The Thunder Show" on www.winelibrarytv.com, attracts over 60,000 viewers each day and his email queue typically holds 1,000 messages from obsessed fans, self-named "Vayniacs." His roots in wine tasting come honestly -- his Russian immigrant parents owned a liquor store when he was growing up. Bored at the cash register, Gary began reading "The Wine Spectator and books about wine and baseball cards collection. With a wealth of knowledge and entrepreneurial spirit, Gary spent every weekend of his college years at his parents' store, rebranding the family business as Wine Library and establishing himself as a respected expert. Inspired by sites such as youtube.com and facebook.com, Gary leveraged technology to reach an untapped audience. His daily 20 minutes webcasts caught the attention of a demographic new to wine and eager to learn. Within a short time, beer sales were outpaced by wine and Gary was spotting wine at Giants Stadium tailgate gatherings and Super Bowl parties. While his youthful following broke down barriers in the wine industry, the business world (and Web 2.0) admired Gary for creating a new generation of branding, focusing on the internet.

Strategic Profits Live Day 3-5
There is no doubt that Gary Vaynerchuck rocked the Strategic Profits Internet Marketing Conference. I would like to share with you my learnings that rocked my world:

1. He encourages all Internet Marketers to give ALL their content for FREE instead of ethically tricking people to share a FREE report expecting sales on the backend with higher priced products. Give value to readers, give information for FREE but market the hell out of it!

2. Content is King, Marketing and PR is the Queen and we all know who runs the household. This concept alone paid for my entire trip to the Strategic Profits event. For the next 3 years, the internet game will be a combination of your web 2.0 social media knowledge and skills in Internet Marketing. I have spent all of my time learning from the best and only from the best. I do hope I can share with all Filipinos out there.

3. Be a BIG part of the conversation. This is tough and requires hard work that not all internet marketers would embrace. You need to leave comments on all the blogs of people, answer every email, and empower readers to interact with your brand. Gary responds to each and every email that he receives ( about 1,000 messages/ day) !

4. Legacy > Currency. Live and strive to work on your legacy NOW. Don't wait to grow old and waste your time with things that are not important in life. I love Gary for this quote and this is also how I want to live my life. I want to dedicate my life in leaving a legacy in the Philippines.

5. Follow your heart. Love Everyone. This is my motto from now on and I encourage all of you to follow what your heart's desire. God planted seeds of holy discontent in your heart and I know you can hear it. It is up to you if you want to follow your heart. Make that decision today!

Strategic Profits Live Day 3-11
It was cool to see him record a live show of Wine Library TV!! Cool :) This was the end of the New Beginnings conference and thanks to Rich for inviting Gary to close the conference.

Strategic Profits Live Day 3-15
After the conference, most of the internet marketers still wanted to ask a lot of questions to Gary. I learned so much from the conversations and this shaped the way how I would run Our Awesome Planet campaign.



Original here

No comments: